Adding cucumber to your daily and its application to your skin can do a lot of wonders to your skin, hair, and overall health!
Popularly known as ‘khira/kheera’ or ‘kakdi’ in Hindi, cucumber is one of the oldest cultivated crops, believed to have originated in the Indian subcontinent. It belongs to the Cucurbitaceous family.
The cucumber is enjoyed best in salads, sandwiches, or as a juice. The high water content in cucumber helps to keep your body hydrated, and the low calorie content makes it an excellent choice for a weight loss diet. So let us try and understand how cucumbers help maintain our bodies in top shape.
How Is Cucumber Useful
1. Revitalizes Skin
The greatest and most important skin benefit of cucumber is that it helps in revitalizing the skin.
What You Need
- 2 ¼-inch slices of cucumber
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 1teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- What You Need To Do
- Puree the cucumber in a blender and then add the other ingredients to it.
- Then, apply one layer of the mask on damp skin and leave it on for five minutes
- Follow it up with the remaining mask another one or two times for a total of 15-20 minutes.
- Once dry, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow it up by splashing your face with cold water to close your skin pores.
Why Does It Work
Facial masks containing cucumber juice are beneficial for skin tightening.
2. Reverses Skin Tanning
Cucumber is a mild astringent that helps get rid of skin tan.
What Do You Need
Juice of a grated cucumber
What You Need To Do
After grating the cucumber, take a clean washcloth and use it to squeeze the juice out.
Then, apply the juice on your face.
Why Does It Work
It has a mild bleaching property that can help even skin tone and give you a youthful and glowing skin.